We are partnering with a compelling SaaS/Tech start-up to help them find an innovative Vice President of Finance to lead the core accounting and finance function within their organization. You will have the opportunity to be a key partner to the business and successfully implement your knowledge around accounting principles and procedures, including modeling and forecasting.
You're the type of person that is influential and charismatic, and contain the ability to gain organizational support for process improvement recommendations. In using strategic planning and effective team-management skills, you're naturally analytical and able to interpret data so to transform that into digestible information as a creative and inspirational leader.
Who you are
- You're comfortable being responsible for supporting the strategic growth within a competitive start-up space.
- You have a proven track record of bringing value-added recommendations to enhance an organization's accounting and finance function .
- You've served as a key partner to service executive management, external investors, stakeholders, etc.
- You're excited around complex, open-ended, and real-world building challenges.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of progressive experience within the finance function
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, and the proven ability to build and scale successful teams
- Meaningful SaaS experience
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment
- Experienced in using NetSuite
What you’ll do
- Leading the budgeting and financial model building process alongside CEO, Executive Team, and BOD
- Drive alignment, focus, and outcomes across all functions with financial planning, budget management, compliance, controls, and analytical insight
- Manage the financial health of the business by partnering with executives to focus on strong ROI investments and optimizing costs
- Lead all financial reporting – Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Establish and maintain documentation of internal controls, policies, and procedures related to financial reporting and compliance
- Present financial updates at quarterly board meetings
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls, and play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory requirements, and GAAP, as well as local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure appropriate controls are incorporated in the development of new systems with a relentless focus to ensure systems are both efficient and scalable
- Maintain relationship with banks
- Oversee and assist in tax filings and compliance documentation
- Other relevant ad-hoc projects
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.