The role of the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance, is primarily to support the SVP, Corporate Controller, across various aspects of the global controllership function. The Senior Manager's duties will include recurring and non-recurring (ad-hoc) responsibilities across different accounting and financial reporting areas. The Senior Manager will help set a tone of strong adherence to internal controls and timely and accurate financial reporting within the global finance function. This will involve working with various stakeholders across the business (including Legal, FP&A, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, Tax, Compliance, Internal Audit, and IT).
The individual will identify value-added opportunities, including opportunities that promote standardization and efficiency and make recommendations for overall department performance improvement to serve the businesses and senior management better. The individual mustn't be able to demonstrate flexibility and agility in adapting to changing circumstances and priorities but relishes working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Key areas of responsibility
- Manage and coordinate the post-acquisition accounting and reporting integration of significant M&A deals
- Own the companies Related Party reporting and analysis in partnership with Legal
- Manage and coordinate global compliance with the ASC842 leasing standard in partnership with Facilities group and finance teams globally
- Implement a policy for Abandoned and Unclaimed Property and manage the current AUP audit that is subject to
- Manage the relationship with the largest equity method investment to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Support the SVP Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer with ad-hoc accounting, reporting, due diligence, and operational projects as and when required
- Prepare or Approve balance sheet reconciliations across various areas of responsibility.
- 8-12 year(s) of progressive experience in controllership & accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or MBA required
- Strong analytical skills, technical or operational accounting background, and research skills (US GAAP)
- Experience working with multinational companies, experience in the entertainment and media industry a plus
- Knowledge of SOX 404 Act and the ability to design, maintain and operate related internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to proactively work in teams with high attention to detail
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.