We are partnering with a well-established but fast growing Real Estate and Construction company on a search for a high performing Senior Accountant. After having taken on outside capital for the first time in 15 years, the company has closed a ton of new deals and has many others in the pipeline. The leadership team is experienced and well tenured with the company, and they love to mentor people and help them grow their careers.
This position will be focused on accounting for both corporate and construction and development, and will allow you to have a broad set of responsibilities rather than being too narrowly focused on one specific area.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting all month-end, general ledger and financial reporting (corporate and property-level) activities
- Updating financial models with assumptions from management for annual budgets, and performing analysis on variances
- Closing out completed construction projects, preparing cost data, reviewing contracts and POs, and preparing schedules for insurance renewals and audits
- Contribute to tax return preparation process, providing information to outside tax accountants
- Various ad-hoc projects and requests for business leaders and stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of accounting experience in construction and/or real estate development
- Working knowledge of CapEx, construction cost and development accounting
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you’ll be interacting heavily with senior management