We are partnering with a fast-growing and evolving Tech company in NYC which is expanding its talented finance & accounting team and seeking a Senior Accountant. Established internationally as a leader in its space, this company received a large injection of capital from a top investment bank and is now in rapid growth mode as it seeks to modernize and automate its service offering and internal processes.
The role is diverse and heavily project focused. You will have a big opportunity for growth and progression, reporting to a Big 4 CPA in a team of a similarly high caliber. PTO is great, compensation is strong, the benefits program is excellent and the employee perks are extensive!
Your action plan:
- Play a key role in all IPO readiness activities ranging from ongoing improvements to close processes to high level special projects that will greatly impact business leaders' decision making abilities
- Prepare month-end journal entries and adjustments in accordance with US GAAP, and reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts to explain variances
- Support the build-out of a revamped P2P process and general ledger overhaul, identifying and executing on every opportunity to automate manual processes
- Contribute to systems upgrades and implementations and always have an eye on ways to streamline reporting capabilities to provide business leaders with cleaner P&L insights
- Operate as a dynamic self-starter who can handle multiple ad-hoc projects and reporting/analysis requirements alongside day-to-day responsibilities
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field and 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Public accounting experience is strongly preferred, ideally from the Big 4, with an active CPA or tracking towards a CPA license
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP reporting and a whiz with Microsoft Excel
- Natural ability to develop internal and external relationships allowing you to operate as a valuable business partner
- You should be ambitious and always looking to challenge yourself and grow within the organization
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.