We're partnering with a well-established SaaS company to help them find their next influential finance leader to take on the role of Payroll Manager. You will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing and innovative space offering a fantastic work culture. The ideal candidate wants to "own" the entire payroll function and is intrigued by impacting a high-growth start-up on an international level. You'll be essential in scaling the company's payroll function and see excitement in managing relationships with payroll vendors throughout The Americas. At your core, you're the type of person that makes a positive impact within a team and lead with the mentality that collectively, you can make a difference.
Who you are
- You're natural leader that is excited at the prospect of having ownership over the entire payroll function
- You see yourself as an A-player that is adept in utilizing Workday and Excel to support your work
- You have experience managing others to support strategic growth within a competitive space
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of progressive experience within Payroll Management
- International Payroll Management experience
- Knowledge and best practice around Workday
- Wiz Excel skills
What you’ll do
- Manage relationships with external payroll providers in the US, Canada, Brazil and Paraguay
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll via Workday and PEO partners, including but not limited to base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, statutory and supplemental benefits, etc.
- Cross-functional collaboration with business partners for process improvements and efficiencies
- Refine current payroll operations with internal payroll teams (EMEA, APAC) to streamline processes to ensure consistency, accuracy, and best-in-class services
- Stay current on regulations, and labor laws impacting the payroll process, and stay compliant for all payroll tax jurisdictions
- Collaborate with HR and Finance teams to maintain accurate payroll information
- Own payroll development and implementation process for new countries or entities, as needed
- Process W-2’s, reconcile and process funding to 401(k), FSA and HSA providers
- Manage the reporting from Workday HRIS and ADP as it relates to gross payroll, tax deductions, benefit deductions and employee status change requests, to ensure consistency between systems and with source records
- Address and respond to notices raised by US, State and Local tax authorities. Collaboration with the Tax Department may be appropriate for certain matters
- Advise on the tax implications of certain matters, such as adding employees in new states or localities, fringe benefits, tax gross-ups, etc.
- Partner with the SOX compliance team to develop and maintain effective internal controls over payroll and prepare/review control self-assessments for SOX compliance
- Work with external auditors on quarterly reviews, annual audits, substantive testing, walkthroughs, and all other information gathering
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.