A superb opportunity has arisen to join a Media and Entertainment business as the Director of Technical Accounting. We are looking for a Manager/Sr Manager from Public Accounting, Ideally BIG 4. National Office, Accounting, or Advisory Group with experience working on media and entertainment clients.
The business is highly acquisitive, well-established, and fast-growing, with increasingly more business units and specialist units. The position plays a crucial part in providing accounting structuring and guidance for transactions (M&A), joint ventures, minority investments, financing transactions, etc., collaborating with M&A, Legal, Treasury, business unit Finance Directors and Controllers as well as external advisors. An uber-commercial role that will have you working with many key stakeholders
- Work with business unit Finance Directors and Controllers on revenue recognition and other complex matters.
- Provide accounting and structuring guidance for transactions (M&A, joint ventures, minority investments, financing transactions, etc.) by collaborating with M&A, Legal, FP&A, Treasury, business unit Finance Directors and Controllers, and external advisors.
- Review and/or perform due diligence work on potential acquisitions.
- Review initial and subsequent accounting for all Company acquisitions (including valuations) and dispositions.
- Prepare goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing analysis and liaison with external valuation firm.
- Perform US GAAP and SEC accounting research on various topics, prepare technical white papers, and communicate to multiple stakeholders. Review technical white papers prepared by business units.
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard-setting bodies to determine the impact on the Company’s financial accounting and reporting practices.
- Manage the implementation of new accounting standards and maintain the Company’s accounting policies.
- Support the Financial Reporting team by reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Support internal controls over significant transactions to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Work with external auditors and advisors on technical accounting issues.
- 8+ years of experience in accounting (including public accounting)
- Significant technical accounting experience in various topics is required - experience in accounting advisory group is highly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and across functions
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.