A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly technical Director level accounting professional to join a world leading organization as the Director of Technical Accounting and Policy. The Director of Technical Accounting will support a truly global business working closely with senior stakeholders across the company to advise and support through critical transactions and reporting requirements.Responsibilities:
- Monitor the activity of Standard Setting in the US to understand the impacts and communicate to business.
- Proactively provide guidance to global controllership and finance teams on ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC rules.
- Build cross-functional relationships and support executive teams through business critical projects and transactions by providing technical accounting, policy and compliance insight.
- Prepare and update accounting policies and procedures to reflect new accounting standards and guidance.
- Provide training on accounting and reporting to finance and operations teams.
- Research accounting issues and document conclusions.
- Provide oversight on preparation of 10K/10Q to ensure accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly and annual SAB 74 disclosure.
- Identify and implement improvements to control processes.
- Partner with internal and external audit staff and proactively identify control concerns and recommend improvements.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in accounting.
- 10+ years technical accounting experience with advanced knowledge of public companies.
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP and SEC rules and FASB standards.
- Experienced in technical accounting research and applying complex accounting rules.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to liaise cross-functionally.
This is an excellent opportunity, if interested please get in touch with Hoxton Circle.