We are partnering with a fast-growing Tech company that is expanding its team to support ongoing growth, both organically and via acquisition. The company has an international presence and a leadership team that is taking it to new heights. The NYC team handles a wide range of responsibilities and there are plenty of new initiatives, interesting projects and growth opportunities.
The newly created Director of Financial Reporting role will oversee a team of 4 and manage SEC and executive-level reporting activities while supporting senior leadership, investor relations, and corporate finance and accounting teams to advance the company's strategic objectives.
- Lead and mentor a high caliber team, providing guidance and training to ensure their development into future leaders within the organization is a high priority
- Oversee all drafting and filing processes for required SEC reporting, including 10-K/10-Q, XBRL, 8-Ks and Proxy Statement, as well as technical disclosure checklists
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility on a quarterly and annual basis
- Monitor SEC developments and the potential impacts of new pronouncements, preparing technical memos to document the company's position as required
- Review consolidation and analysis of the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and supporting schedules and perform reviews of transactions to assess appropriate accounting treatment
- Support executive leadership on the production of financial results and ad-hoc reporting
- Public accounting experience and CPA required
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting, and knowledge of SOX
- Advanced Excel and the ability to quickly learn and utilize large ERP systems
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team
Strong communication skills and a proactive attitude towards building relationships with other teams and offices