We are partnering with a hugely exciting, fast growing startup in the Cannabis industry that is looking for a superstar Director of Finance/Controller to lead the continued build-out of a scalable accounting function. Led by a passionate and visionary CEO and an energetic exec team, this startup has established itself as a leader within its niche and fostered a culture of ownership and reward for people who take initiative.
As the Director of Finance, you will build on the foundations of the current accounting function with a long term view in mind. You'll need to be at home operating in the gray and comfortable quickly becoming a subject matter expert in an industry that is still defining its accounting regulations.
- Lead the company's financial reporting month-end and consolidation processes and oversee all revenue recognition activities
- Partner with the exec team to develop budgets and analyze operating results for variances, communicating to stakeholders with commentary and insights for potential improvements
- Collaborate with the operations team to develop a robust inventory management system
- Support the analysis of capital investments and pricing decisions and develop a system to manage overall capital budget and individual projects
- Provide consistent feedback and suggestions to stakeholders and exec leadership on improvements to processes, systems, and business operations
What you'll bring
- The desire to tackle an exciting challenge in an industry with huge amounts of growth ahead of it
- Ideally, a combination of public accounting and private experience, including demonstrated success in high growth and fast changing environments
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience leading month end and financial reporting processes as well as providing support to business partners
- Knowledge of inventory-based business models would be a big advantage
- Excellent systems and Excel skills and the ability to streamline and automate accounting processes
- Experience leading small teams would be a bonus