We are partnering with an exciting and fast-growing eCommerce Startup which is expanding its team to support ongoing growth and seeking a high-impact Controller to build and develop a scalable function. The company has developed a large customer base and capitalized on a popular market and business model while also diversifying its product offering to stay ahead of the competition.
The newly created Controller role will be responsible for the entire close process, revenue recognition, cost and inventory accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. You will play a key role in a dynamic company being suitably positioned for growth.
- Manage all accounting operations and research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Oversee month and year-end close processes
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, providing commentary on variances
- Support ongoing system and process improvements and upgrades, proactively executing on issues and opportunities you identify
- Help to lead and coach a growing team, ensuring training and mentorship is provided to keep team morale high
- Support the executive team on ad-hoc projects and with required analysis and insights
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5+ years of progressive experience in finance/accounting
- An active CPA license is preferred
- Experience working with inventory
- Proven experience within a high growth, fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of subscription metrics is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and strong systems experience
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.