Would you love to add IPO experience to your resume? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit which allows you to alternate effortlessly between hands-on, growth company responsibilities and high-level, bigger picture thinking?
We are partnering with an exciting NYC SaaS company which is positioning itself for an IPO and looking to secure an impactful Controller who will build a scalable function, high performing team, and implement strong internal controls. Having expanded its product offering and invested heavily in marketing leaders and strategies, it is poised for rapid growth and wanting top talent to come along for the ride!
Your action plan:
- Build and develop a scalable accounting function, implementing best practices around financial reporting, corporate accounting, and internal control policies and procedures
- Streamline and automate existing processes, identifying opportunities to eliminate unnecessary expense and man-hours
- Lead, mentor and expand a team of local and remote employees, encouraging organic growth - it is expected that your team will triple in size in the next 24 months
- Partner with the CFO on the strategic direction of the function and any reporting requirements needed for fundraising and scenario planning
- Be the go-to for multiple stakeholders, juggle ad-hoc projects with day-to-day duties, proactively implement positive change and be a general contributor to the growth of the company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field and, ideally, a CPA license
- Big 4 public accounting experience is an advantage but not essential
- SaaS experience, ideally from a high growth company
- Strong technical accounting expertise and up-to-date knowledge of the latest policy changes and regulatory requirements
- Experience of leading a team, and hiring and developing top talent
- Bonus points for systems implementation work
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees