Hoxton Circle is partnering with an extremely exciting, pre-IPO startup company which is searching for one of it's most important hires, an ambitious and motivated Controller. Having made a name for itself in the consumer goods space, this company has experienced rapid growth by diversifying its product offering and truly catering its products to its consumers in the most innovative way.
This position will play a key role in establishing a scalable accounting function as the company drives toward a transaction.
- Revamping the entire month-end close process to better align it with where the company is at today, as well as where it will be in the coming years
- Automating manual processes until its second nature! There is huge opportunity here to improve the efficiency of the function considerably
- Establishing strong internal controls over multiple processes, as well as implementing SOX controls and best practices across workflows
- Building out and mentoring your own team of rockstars to support to continued development of the department
- Playing a key role in the implementation of a new ERP system, ensuring the smoothest possible transition and integration of all data and reporting
- Supporting multiple projects, initiatives, budgeting and forecasting, and IPO preparation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- CPA license is a must
- 7+ years of progressive and impactful experience, preferably with a Big 4 public accounting firm and a high growth startup company
- Flawless understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting areas, with revenue accounting being essential
- Inventory experience is a huge advantage, preferably high volume
- Cloud-based ERP experience and implementation
- Genuine excitement for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in. This role is not suitable for anyone seeking a role where every day is the same
This is an excellent opportunity, if interested please get in touch with Hoxton Circle.