Hoxton Circle is partnering with a high growth non-profit organization to hire a Controller to join their New York-based team. Leading a team of 10+ the Controller will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for overseeing all accounting and reporting activities.
- Lead the growing accounting department to ensure timely monthly and year-end reporting, accurate data management and maintenance of all accounting systems
- Manage all financial accounts, general ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide the CFO and senior leadership with a detailed analysis of financial data, present financial reports and communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Lead on process improvement initiatives and support with the continued successful growth of the organization
- Oversee all program and grants accounting
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
- Oversee the audit process and lead on gathering required audit information, 990 preparations, and filing activity to result in annual successful audits.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting and CPA (or equivalent CA/ACA) required.
- Public accounting experience from a big 4 or national firm.
- Experience working at a Controller level within a non-profit environment
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Team management and leadership experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment.