Hoxton Circle is partnering with a high growth non-profit organization to hire a Controller to join their New York based team. Leading a large team the Controller will report directly into the CFO and be responsible for overseeing all accounting, financial reporting and compliance activities.
- Lead the growing accounting department to ensure timely monthly and year end reporting, accurate data management and maintenance of all accounting systems
- Manage all financial accounts, general ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring GAAP compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide the CFO and senior leadership with detailed analysis of financial data, present financial reports and communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Lead on process improvement initiatives and support with the continued successful growth of the organization
- Oversee all program and grants accounting
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
- Oversee the audit process and lead on gathering required audit information, 990 preparations and filing activity to result in annual successful audits
- BA/BS degree in Accounting and CPA (or equivalent CA/ACA) required
- Public accounting experience from a big 4 or national firm preferred
- Nonprofit experience highly advantageous
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience, with 5+ years at a management level.
- Strong team management and leadership experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to see the “big picture”
- Comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.