We are searching for an experienced Controller, with experience of managing all accounting and reporting activity from a nonprofit environment, to join an exceptional mission-led education nonprofit based in Midtown, NYC.
The role will provide oversight and management of a large accounting team, a $300m+ budget and a large real estate portfolio for a growing organization that has been a huge success since its inception.
- Oversee ledgers, reporting and reporting systems to ensure adherence to GAAP and/or GASB standards
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure fidelity of data and timely monthly and year-end reporting
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports, clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep CFO abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Oversight of all program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the defined period
- Oversee the payroll function and related systems
- Oversee the full coordination of all the audits and the gathering of required audit information, IRS Form 990 prep and filing
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years in a management role
- CPA qualified, preference for initial career experience in Public Accounting
- Thorough understanding of GAAPs, as well as GASB and FASB pronouncements,
- Experience and expertise in nonprofit audit and regulatory best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
- Non-profit sector experience required
- Experience in education preferred
- Experience in real estate financing for nonprofit entities preferred
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.